Sunday, July 22, 2012

Car Conversation

Sometimes on the weekends Tate will come to the grocery store or Target with me.  I ask him to come along (which he usually doesn't want to) because this is the only time I get to spend alone with him.  I love it because he talks about things and asks questions about everything.  Usually all I hear is him and Adria arguing or him bothering  talking to Troy, so it is nice to have him to myself once in awhile.

Our conversation the other day was especially funny and I wanted to record it so I could show his wife someday.  We were talking about why some moms work and why some don't and I was explaining that some moms worked because they wanted to and some moms worked to help support their family.  I said I felt lucky that I could stay home because I wanted to and that Dad made enough to support our family so I didn't have to work.  He thought about that for awhile then said:

Tate:  "I think I will just have my wife work, and then I won't have to."
Me:  "Ha!  You better find a wife willing to agree with that."
Tate: "Yeah, I don't think I want to work, my wife can."
Me:  "Good luck."
Tate: "And my wife is going to be pretty."

Wow!  He's got it all figured out!  I did go on to explain that some dads do stay home, but I don't think that is where he was going with it in his mind.  He just didn't want to work at all!  I hope he finds the wife of his dreams someday!  Good thing I have already started praying for his future spouse!  She will be one lucky girl.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! So fun to see where their heads are. I had to have that conversation with Mya the other day when we went to the dentist. One of my friends is our dentist and when I told her we were going to see Dr. Anna, Mya said, "She's not a doctor, she's a mom!" I had to then tell her that some moms can also work and that she could be a mom and be a doctor too! She said she just wanted to be a mom:)

    ReplyDelete