Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving


We had a great Thanksgiving!  We got to celebrate and have everyone over to our house.  I loved hosting in our new home.  Great way to break it in!

Actually, we had a small group.  It was just my parents and my aunt and uncle and our family for dinner.  My cousin and her family joined us for dessert.  We wished we could have spent the day/weekend with all of our family, but we will see everyone soon for Christmas.

We have so much to be thankful for, that we are thankful for year around, not just on Thanksgiving. We are thankful to have a house to live in and I am thankful for my husband who provided it for us.  I am thankful for our health and especially for our healthy, active kids.  I am thankful to be back in Iowa, close to family and friends.  I am thankful for our parents.  I am thankful for our small group.  I am thankful for church.  And most of all, I am thankful for my salvation.

It was nice to have a long weekend at home with all of us.  My mom and I did a little early morning black Friday shopping, and after I got home, I started to feel under the weather, so I basically was on the couch all weekend not feeling the greatest.  But, it was kind of nice to lay around too :).

No comments:

Post a Comment