Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Savannah

This past Sunday and Monday we went to Savannah. This has been a place I have wanted to visit for years, and one of the reasons we moved to the south is to get the opportunity to explore all the great cities around us. I absolutely loved, loved, LOVED Savannah! It is a beautiful, old city. The people in Savannah are truly welcoming and really nice. Here are a few pictures of us in Savannah:




Our first stop was at the Candy Kitchen. This was Adria's favorite part.


Enjoying their candy by the river and watching the riverboats cruise by.



In one of the squares that are located all over the city.


This picture was just to prove that Troy really was with us. Poor kid, he is always sleeping or stuck in his stroller.


I loved all the tree-lined sidewalks. I have never seen such beautiful trees anywhere.





Apparently, this is a well-known fountain in Savannah.






We took a trolley tour through the city. Highly recommend this. It was great because they showed you all over the city and all the historical places and you could get off and on at any stop. We went by the park where Forrest Gump sat on his bench with a box of chocolates. I wanted to take a picture of me sitting on the bench, but they said the actual bench is in a museum. Whatever.





And now for the highlight of my, er, I mean our, trip was........................

Eating at Paula Deen's restaurant "The Lady and Sons"! Check that off my bucket list.

Me and Paula.


Here we are waiting in line on Monday morning. They don't take reservations, so starting at 9:30 you can go to the hostess and put your name in for later that day.


And here is inside the restaurant. Adria has a mouthful of fried chicken.


I cannot wait to go back to Savannah. There was a million little shops that I wanted to go into, but with 3 kids and a hubby, I didn't get to go into too many. Maybe I need to go back by myself sometime. Or with a group of girls. Road trip anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I'd be up for a road trip. I've flown into Savannah 4 times, but have never gotten to do anything there. Looks like fun! So glad you're getting to explore the south!

    ReplyDelete