Monday, March 26, 2012

Soccer time!

It's soccer time again in our house, and this time it is Adria's turn to play!  She was so excited to play since she has always watched Tate do everything.  This is the first time she has been signed up to do anything!


We were lucky that it started last week when Grandma was here to watch her first practice.  Adria asked us a couple times that day to "raise your hands if your excited to watch me play soccer!".  It's funny watching 3 and 4 year olds play soccer.  Adria is the oldest on her team, older than some by probably a year and a half, and you can tell.  She does very well at paying attention and following directions.  Although, she did come and tell me she was ready to go about half way through.  And last time she yelled from the field "Daddy, a rainbow!" and tonight she was picking flowers on the field and she brought them over to me in the middle of practice.  So, as you can see, she is really focused and serious about it.



And this handsome guy:

He is actually quite supportive of Adria when she is out on the field.  He tells her good job and cheers her on.  Tonight a mom came over to me and asked me if I was Tate's mom.  I said yes, and she said that her daughter is in Kindergarten with Tate and she is "in love" with him.  She says all they hear about at their house is Tate and that Tate looks like Justin Beiber because of his hair.  I wish I could be a fly on the wall at Tate's school because I would love to see what he acts like when he is not around us!  Whatever he is doing seems to be working for him because everybody seems to love him.

I am not sure soccer is going to be Adria's thing right now, but she is having fun trying it.  She actually appears to be quite athletic, but I don't think she will ever be very aggressive or competitive.  Oh well, it is fun to watch her do her own thing for once.

And here's a funny story tonight as we were getting ready to go to soccer.  The kids were eating a snack and we had music playing and I was singing (maybe a little bit loud).  Then all of the sudden Troy started covering his ears!  I thought maybe he was just doing it once just to do it, but every time I started singing he covered his ears!  Tate thought it was hilarious.  I am not sure why, I am a super good singer.

2 comments:

  1. Omg...I love Troy:) what a personality already!! Way to go To Adria! Glad she's enjoying soccer, but you should probably get a tennis racquet in her hands soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off..let's hope adria gets her athletic side from Joe:) and second I've heard u sing..troy had it right:)

    ReplyDelete