Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A week with Grandma!

I dropped my mom back off at the airport in Atlanta today.  I miss her already.  We had such a good time and the kids love having her around. 


Adria, Troy and I picked my mom up from the airport last Wednesday.  Adria jumped out of the car to give her a hug and Troy seemed to recognize her right away and was not shy about going to her.  It kind of surprised me but made me happy that he still remembered her from Christmas and all of our Skype sessions.  Joe and Tate were waiting for us when we got home.  Tate tried to play it cool, but he was super excited too.

On Thursday, we got Tate off to school and dropped Adria off at preschool and then shopped around a little.  Tate happened to get out of school early that day, so we hung out and played the rest of the afternoon.

On Friday, we got a babysitter for Troy, and my mom, Adria and I went shopping all day. (We have to train the girl early, right?) 

Then on Saturday...... my mom, Tate, Adria and I went to Myrtle Beach!  The weather forecast wasn't promising, but we went anyway and we got really lucky!  We layed on the beach for a couple of hours and it was perfect weather.  Then the kids wanted to go play in the water parks in our hotels so we did that for a couple of hours, too.  After that we went to Broadway on the Beach and shopped and got supper.  The next morning we let the kids play in the pool again and hit an outlet mall on the way home.


Beach babies

Our hotel on the beach

They thought this was the greatest!

On Monday we got the kids to school and kind of just hung out the rest of the day.  That night, Adria had her first soccer practice (more on that at a later blog).  She was really excited that Grandma was here to watch her!

And that brings us to today and Troy and I bringing mom to the airport.  I am so glad she could come and visit.  I have always been used to seeing my mom at least once or twice a week, so it is hard for me not to be able to see her whenever I want since we have lived down here.  So that makes each visit all the more special.  There was lots of shopping (what my mom and I do best together!), lots of laughing and lots of Adria hanging on Grandma. 


We miss you already, Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome spring break for your mom! Glad you got so much quality time together! Wish we could drive to the beach!

    ReplyDelete