Sunday, June 17, 2012

It's Father's Day!

Look at this handsome man with his three beautiful children:



What a beautiful day for Father's Day!  First, the kids were excited for Joe to open his gift.  He got the typical dad's day gift of a shaver, shirt, and hat.  We went to church and they had a great message about dads and then we went out for breakfast.  Then I so lovingly volunteered to take the two older kids to the pool while Troy slept so Joe could finish up some landscaping (probably not what he wanted to do for his father's day, but hey!).  Then Adria and I went to get our toes painted (wait, was today mother's day or father's day?) and finished out the day with supper and playing outside.  I am not sure if we really gave Joe a relaxing day to do what he wanted to do, but we had a good time!

I have said this before but I think Joe is an awesome dad and a great example for our kids.  I love the part of the day when he gets home from work and all three kids run and scream to greet him.  The part I love the most is hearing Troy's little feet run as fast as they can with a great big grin on his face to run into Joe's arms.  Everybody is always happy to see daddy!

And I would like to say Happy Father's day to my dad.  You are a great dad and a great Papa.  I have been told I have inherited some of your traits, so I will take that as a compliment.  And I am pretty sure your grandkids have inherited some as well!  Thanks for being a great dad!


And I want to say Happy Father's day to my father-in-law.  You raised a great son and are a great Papa.  I am so glad my kids have three great men in their life to look up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment