Stuff that is goin' on here.....
- The kids first week of school is done. Tate flew right through it like nothing and Adria's first two days were good. Then at supper after the second day of school she told Joe she didn't think she was going to go the next day. I told her she had to and she didn't get to choose what days she wanted to go. The next morning I got her up at 7 and she cried about going to school until 7:45. She said school was too long and the teacher was always making her color (i.e. do work all day). She said she wanted to stay with me all day, or bring Troy to a babysitter and have me come to school with her. Broke my heart because I would have loved to have her stay home. Finally at 7:45 I told her to pull it together because the bus was coming. She got on and looked back and said "bye, mom" while she was trying not to cry. Ughh. That night we talked about it and I told her she couldn't be crying every morning and she only had one more day of school that week. That seemed to get her through it, although Tate said she was crying on the bus a little the next day. He kept telling her it was OK and she would be alright. That makes me smile. He can be sweet to her and he always takes care of her when we are not around.
- You can tell the Olympics are going on! We have been watching them on TV a lot here and the kids are really into it. Tate told Adria to teach him everything she learned when she got back from each gymnastics practice. Then he said if he ever got to the Olympics in gymnastics, it would be because of Adria! He was also swimming laps in the pool today saying he was Michael Phelps. And of course everything else they do around the house that is a competition (which is everything) they say they got a gold medal or maybe someday will go to the Olympics in that sport. And they really believe it.
- Troy is loving having the house to himself all day. Everyone asks me if he misses the kids while they are at school- are you kidding me?! He loves having all the toys to himself and me to himself and no one to bother him. He knows something is different though because the little stinker won't nap. I think he knew I was looking forward to the afternoons to myself and decided he would keep me company ;) I do have to say he is excited when the kids get home, though. And lately he has insisted on drinking his milk/juice with a koozie around his sippy cup. Don't ask me. And we are working on his words a lot while the kids are gone because the kid doesn't talk at all. He is really good at saying "me me" (excuse me) because he knows how to make himself burp. Wonderful.
I know where he got the koozie idea.....your father started him on that when we were at your house. Dad laughed at that one!
ReplyDelete