Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend with the girls



What a wonderful, uplifting weekend with the girls!  Me and three of my neighborhood girlfriends drove to Charleston on Friday to see a Beth Moore conference.  Beth Moore was fun, Charleston was fun, eating out was fun, shopping was fun, and being with these three ladies was fun!

We left Friday morning and when we got to Charleston, we checked into our hotel and went to the outlet mall.  We shopped quickly (I do not like to shop quickly- I probably missed so many deals!) and grabbed a bite to eat and headed to the convention center to see Beth Moore.  The conference was scheduled for Friday night and Saturday morning.

Now, I have to say I love Beth Moore.  I have done a number of her Bible studies and I totally feel like I know her!  She is the cutest and funniest person.  I have learned so much from my studies with her and she relates to women so well.  Her enthusiasm and passion and love for Christ is awesome to see and it was felt throughout the whole place.  There were about 9,000 women there worshiping together.  Such a awesome experience.  And the praise team was in-cred-ible!  You should hear 9,000 women sing together- beautiful! 

One of the main points of the conference was to become a more honest version of yourself.  Her lesson was on Jacob and his struggles out of Genesis 32.  One of the quotes I came away with this weekend was "You can't come up with a plan better than God has for you."

The three girls that I went with are incredibly beautiful women.  We had such a good time together sharing stories and getting to know each other better.  After the conference we ate at an awesome restaurant on the water in downtown Charleston and were even entertained by dolphins throughout our lunch.  I  think I have become a true southern girl because one of the other girls ordered shrimp-n-grits and I tried them and they were oh-so good!  I also tried she crab soup and loved it.  Who would've ever thought I would like grits?  Of course I think it had a lot of butter and cream cheese mixed in, but hey, they were really good.  I think I might have to experiment at home with making them.  Then we shopped around at the market for awhile and headed home.  Such a great time and we are already wanting to schedule our next trip!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous weekend! So glad you got to do it!

    ReplyDelete