Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day weekend

Our Labor Day weekend was filled with boating, piercings, pool time and grilling out with friends.  It was also filled with lots of fun!

On Saturday, we went out on the lake all day with 3 other couples and their families.  Two of the couples have boats (it is really nice to have friends with a boat!).  We had such a great time.  It was so relaxing and fun and the time flew by.  Before we knew it, it was already 6:00 in the evening!  We did a lot of swimming and eating and cruising around the lake.  One boat had a couple of tubes hooked up and the other boat had kneeboarding.  Joe tried kneeboarding and did an awesome job.  Then I was finally peer pressured into doing it.  I didn't think I would be able to do it and didn't get up the first two times, but on the third time I did it!  It was fun and I am glad I tried it.  The kids did great and had a blast swimming and jumping off the boat.  Troy liked snacking and playing with all the gadgets on the boat.  He did get in the water when we first got out there and the combination of his life jacket around him and the motion of water put him asleep.......... in the water!  He was sleeping that way for a good 45 minutes or longer!  It was so funny.

This is Troy snoozing on the lake.  Boy, what the life!

The kid on the left was really good at kneeboarding, so he was talking me through it!


On Sunday morning when we were getting ready for church, Adria wanted to wear her play earrings to church and I told her not to because they always fall out.  I said if she would just get her ears pierced she could wear real earrings.  (I have been wanting her to do it for some time, but she was too scared)  She said ok, she wanted her ears pierced, so we went and got it done!  She was so excited and she didn't cry at all.  She kept looking at herself all day!  They do look cute!

See her new earrings?!  She wanted her April birthstone, which is diamond (or Cubic Zirconia, but she doesn't know that).  She already wants diamonds! (she must take after her father ;)

Just a picture of Troy.  I think he was throwing a fit about something.

Today we went to the pool and then went over to some friends to grill out.  It was such a fun weekend filled with friends and fun.  A lot of the friends we have down here are transplants and they don't have family around either, so everyone is always willing to invite you over and get together.  And the kids were super excited to have a three day weekend and not have to go to school today. :) Oh, and Joe and I started Insanity today.......it's in-sane!


 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have been there to see Adria get her ears pierced. Remember when you used to ski? This looks easier. It is nice to have good friends and enjoy each others company. Miss you! Mom

    ReplyDelete