Thursday, September 20, 2012

Baseball

Tate started baseball practice a couple of weeks ago and had his first baseball game last night.  This is the first sport that the kids have played that I am actually really excited about going to watch!  I am not a huge fan of 3 or 4 year old soccer/t-ball/ or whatever else because to me it is just a bunch of kids running around.  We don't put the kids in a lot of activities because they are just as happy at home and we are not over scheduled, but now Tate is at an age that when he goes out and plays a sport, the kids are actually good and can play the game.

I was impressed at the first practice that I went to that all the kids could field, catch a pop fly and throw it to first.  And they can all make contact with the ball when hitting.  So that makes the game much more interesting to watch.  It just has a different excitement level when the kids can actually play!

Before the game last night, Tate said he was really nervous.  We told him that was ok and he will probably be nervous before every game for the rest of his life.  I could tell he was nervous because whenever he is nervous about something he makes a couple of trips to the bathroom beforehand!  He was super excited too.  The first two games they were supposed to have got rained out, so he was waiting to play. 


He started out at 3rd base and after a few innings he went to right field.  I am not sure if he was anywhere else because I was also chasing Troy around, so I missed parts of the game!  The first time at bat he struck out!  They have to hit off a machine which he has never done, so I don't know if that was it or not.  The second time he had a couple of foul balls before he got his first hit.  Then his third time he got a hit too.  I don't think he ever made it past first base though (again, I could be wrong as I was chasing after a certain almost-2-year-old).


They ended up winning the game which he thought was great.  He said he had such a good time and loved playing.  He even said in his prayers last night that he loved playing.  I am so glad he enjoys it because it is fun to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment