Monday, September 10, 2012

Troy's 1st haircut

On Saturday, Troy got his first haircut.  I was one of those moms holding out because he had such cute little curls and I didn't want to cut them off, but he was beginning to look a mess!  I was also holding off because I remember after Tate's first haircut he didn't look like a baby anymore, but a little boy, and I am not sure I am ready for Troy to grow up!  My neighbor across the street used to be a hairstylist, so she cuts Tate's hair, and now she cut Troy's hair for the first time.

Before:

 
 
 
After:
 

So very handsome!

We left it long enough so he still has some curl!

 
When we were done and I was putting some clippings of Troy's hair in an envelope to put in his baby book, I was thinking what a strange tradition/sentiment that is.  It's kind of weird to keep hair. 

In other Troy news, he has shown a huge interest in potty training.  Lazy me was going to wait until after Christmas to potty train, but the other day we were outside playing and he grabbed his diaper and wanted to go in and pointed to the potty.  I set him on it and he didn't go (I think he already went), but I thought it was time to break out the potty chair.  He has went on it a handful of times and usually grabs himself and tells me when he is going.  One morning we gave it a full out try and it was huge fail, but we will keep on keepin' on!  He is so interested in it so I think I have to go with it before his interest passes.

2 comments:

  1. I still have your hair from when you were little. Troy looks so cute! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. She also has your teeth and old fingernails..:) love u Sarah

    ReplyDelete