Friday, October 5, 2012

Iowa visit

Last week, Troy and I flew up to Iowa for a week.  Since Troy is not two yet, he still flies for free and since the older two kids are in school, I didn't need to find childcare, so up to Iowa we went!  Joe was able to adjust his work schedule for a few days to be home to get the kids on and off the bus.

I was nervous about flying with Troy because if he doesn't get his way, he can scream with the best of them.  And I didn't want that happening on the flight.  Luckily, he did awesome on the way up and on the way back.  He was busy for the whole two hours putting the tray up and down, and putting the window thing up and down and pushing the lights on and off and calling the flight attendant a few times.  On the way up to Iowa, I sat by a guy that had four kids, and one of them was a two year old, so he totally understood.  And on the way back, nobody was sitting beside us, so he got his own seat.

It was such a nice and relaxing trip for Troy and I.  When he is not around Tate and Adria he is such an easy kid!  And all the attention from the grandparents doesn't hurt either!  All I heard about was Papa, Papa, Papa.  He loves both of his Papa's!  Troy loved riding on the lawnmower and staring at the motorcycles.  While we were up there, we spent some time with my grandmas, some good friends, went to the football game and just hung out. (of course I didn't bring my camera, so I don't have any pictures)

Joe kept the older kids busy at home.  Tate and Adria were both sad that they couldn't go to Iowa too.  When we skyped and they saw Troy and I at grandma and papa's house, they kept saying that they wish they were there too.  But they did special things with Joe that we can't always do because we have Troy.  And Adria especially liked having just Joe around since he lets her wear whatever she wants and do her hair however she wants.  He also lets her change her clothes a hundred times a day.  She went to school in some pretty interesting outfits!

It was good to see everyone again.  The time between summer and Christmas when we go back gets to be too long.  Now we are looking forward to Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment