What a fun Halloween we had! It was chilly and windy here in Georgia, but it felt good and the trick-or-treating was fun. It was neat to see Troy get into it this year, and boy did he have this trick-or-treating thing figured out by the first couple of houses! At first he thought he had to trade the candy, so whatever was in his bucket he tried to give to the next house, but then got the hang of it.
This year Joe and I decided to dress up too, since we were invited to a costume party. It has been
years (were talking college for me, and I don't know the last time for Joe) since we have dressed up, and it was fun. And I also need to mention that we got 1st place at the costume party! Woot Woot!
Since we all were going to dress up this year, we decided to do a theme. I had already gotten a Scooby-Doo costume for Troy, and we went from there. Adria and I went back and forth about who would be Daphne, and finally I let here be Daphne since Halloween really is for kids, right?
It was really fun to walk around together, because it took some people a minute to realize who we really were under our costumes! The kids got a ton of candy and I had some left over that we didn't give away. I let the kids eat whatever they wanted for the night and then let them pick out five pieces each to hide in their room so Troy wouldn't find it. I told them they could eat that candy whenever they wanted. They could eat it all at once or save it and space it out. We will have to see, but I am pretty sure Adria will eat all hers right away because it is too tempting for her, and Tate will save his so it lasts longer. I heard Tate tell Adria, "Adria, we are just like adults now, we can eat the candy
whenever we want!". He always tells me when he get older all he is going to eat is candy and pop. I tell him he can do whatever he wants when he is my age!
We had a great time and really got into this year because this might be the only time we ever do it!
 |
| Isn't this the cutest Scooby ever?! |
 |
| Shaggy |
 |
| Daphne |
 |
| Troy didn't quite know what to think of me. He never really got used to it. He kept looking at me all night. |
 |
| Trick-or-treating! |
And here are some pictures of the kids carving pumpkins:
Oh, what fun! Halloween is much more fun when you have little kids around. Tracy, do you remember when I dressed up and brought you and Sarah around town? It was so much fun. Love you!
ReplyDelete