Last night Joe and Adria had a father/daughter dance at her school. It was so sweet and Adria was soooo excited to go! She talked about it all week and yesterday she told me after school that she "could not wait one more minute to go to the dance". She knew what she was going to wear weeks ago and on that day we painted her nails and curled her hair and she was ready to go when Joe got home from work. Joe brought home a little wrist corsage for her and she loved that too!
They went to the dance and Joe said it took Adria awhile to warm up, but when she found some of her friends they were dancing around in a circle and having fun. And of course, she and her daddy shared a few dances together.
Adria felt so special and so pretty last night. She kept twirling around in her dress and flipping her hair. I pulled Tate aside and told him it would make Adria feel good if he told her she looked pretty, but he wasn't too keen on that idea. I think it might physically hurt him to give her a compliment. I asked him later if he ever said anything to her, and he said he spelled it out for her.
Adria was so happy when she got home and she said she had a great time at the dance. I know she had a great man as her date!
OMG....I'm laughing so hard right now at Tate! That is totally something my brother would have done. I thought the world of him, but he would never give me a compliment!! They're all the same:) Adria was beautiful...what a fun thing to do with her dad!
ReplyDeleteI laughed too. That is so Tate. Hopefully when he gets older he will appreciate the nice sister he has. I'm so glad Adria had a good time. She will remember this for the rest of her life. I'm so blessed to have such great kids and grandkids!
ReplyDelete