Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The cast is off!

Troy's cast came off yesterday!  Woohooo!  I could not wait for it to come off!  He seemed to get along with it just fine and it never seemed to bother him.  I think he kind of liked it because it was a built-in weapon.  He just looked so uncomfortable when he would snuggle up in bed and this hard cast would be in the way or when we were cuddling and the cast was always in the way.

He was a little apprehensive about the nurse using the saw to cut it off, but he sat there like a champ until it was done.  The first thing he said when she took it off was "back on".  What?!  He told the nurse and me a couple of times during the appointment that he wanted it back on.  Ha! 

His arm hurt a lot when they took it off, but he x-rays showed it was healed and good to go.  I am sure it is sore from not using it for a month.  He has been using it more little by little, and usually when he is not thinking about it I will see him use it more.

I am so glad to have that thing off.  Now he can take a regular bath, wear regular clothes/jackets, eat better and snuggle better.

1 comment:

  1. I love that his cast is off and I love this hair in that picture even more! What a cutie! Kids get attached to the weirdest things sometimes....so funny that he wanted that thing back on!

    ReplyDelete