Tuesday, August 6, 2013

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for a certain 1st and 2nd grader!  They were excited and ready to go.  Adria wasn't quite as nervous this year (although she did tell me this morning she was nervous, but she was smiling, so it was good).  And Tate was confidant as usual.  School is totally his element.  He loves going.

It will take a couple weeks to get into our morning routine again, but we made it out the door in time for the bus and to take a few pictures.  I had to wake both kids up and neither one wanted to get out of bed!  So we got them on the bus and I ran to the school to take a picture of them and make sure Adria made it to her room ok.  She looked scared to death getting off the bus and coming into the school, but immediately smiled when she saw me there, so I am so glad I went.  I helped her to her room and kissed her goodbye and then saw Tate to his room and kissed him goodbye.  Troy wanted to stay at the school and told me in the car he wanted to go to preschool!  Too bad for him I want him to stay home with me.  He'll be lucky if he gets to go to Kindergarten.




1st grader!

2nd grader! (with no front teeth!)

Troy and I were waiting outside for the bus after school.  The kids came running off and they said the had a great day and liked their teachers.  I didn't get much out of them right away but they told me little bits and pieces throughout the night.  Over all, they enjoyed their first day and it looks like they are going to have a good year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing hysterically at the comment about troy and kindergarten:) I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete