It is amazing how much our kids know about technology that still seems fairly new to me (as in within the last 10 years), but have always been in our kids lives. It struck me today when I was on the computer and Troy was sitting next to me. He wanted to talk to grandma (Skype) and I told him she wasn't on the computer right then, and he said "well, just text her." My 2 year old is telling me to text grandma. And when he plays with his phone, he says he is playing games or texting daddy. And Tate was on ebay the other day looking at how much a motorized scooter costs- all without any help. Troy can navigate my iphone as well as the next person and Tate has actually told me a few shortcuts or features on my iphone that I didn't even know!
I was just telling Joe, remember back in the day when we thought it would be so cool to answer the phone and be able to see the person you were talking to? Yeah, I guess that day is here, too. Sometimes, that might not always be for the better, like if I haven't showered that day yet!
Next time you should listen to Troy and text me so we can talk. Pretty soon Troy will know how to call me on your phone or use the computer to Skype.
ReplyDelete