A month or so back I received this email from Tate's teacher and it made my day!
We just love Tate - he is wonderful!
I wanted to mention this, and I'm relaying second-hand information, but...
At recess today, there was a child that was upset, possibly had been left out of a game of basketball, or something like that. Tate saw him and brought the ball to him and invited him to play. Another teacher saw this and told me about it after recess, and I wanted to share! :)
We talk about this with the kids a lot- about including everyone and if someone looks like they are left out or something, to go and ask them to play. I always feel like I am talking to the wall whenever I say stuff like this, but I guess if I talk enough, eventually some of it might sink in! I love hearing good things about the kids character. To me, that is way better than good grades or being good at sports. I was so happy when I read that email and it makes me smile every time I look at it!
He is growing up just like his mom and dad. You guys are great parents to our grandkids. Proud of you Tate.
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome Tracy. I agree....way better than anything else is to hear about their good character. So proud of him!
ReplyDelete