We have been super busy with the start of summer. There has been tons of things to do and haven't been really bored yet. Although, the very first day of summer break was kind of a rainy day and we didn't have anything planned and everyone was bored that morning and we were only a couple hours into summer break! I thought, oh no, this is going to be a long summer, but we have had a great time since. We have been going to the pool a lot, having lots of baseball and tball games, being at my parents house a lot and just playing outside.
Adria decided to try softball/tball this year. I was happy because usually she doesn't want to go out for things. She did a really good job hitting the ball and fielding the ball. And she enjoyed it. We saw her a couple times playing in the dirt in the field when she was supposed to be paying attention, but in her defense, it was boring at times. :)
Tate did baseball again and also did a great job. It was a slower team than he was used to playing on, but he had fun with his friends. He also did a good job hitting and fielding. There was a couple of diving catches I wish I had on video! He had games on Monday and Wednesday nights and Adria had games on Tuesday and Thursday nights, so we were at a game Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights. I guess I better get used to it! It was fun though.
We have also been enjoying the pool every afternoon that we can. The kids enjoy it because usually they have friends there and I enjoy it because I get to chat with everyone! The first day we went, Troy didn't even get in, and every day since he has gotten braver and now is in the water with his floatie on all the time. We tried swimming lessons for him, but he would not do it. He went the first day and I could hear him tell the teacher, "no, I am not doing that" and finally came over to me crying half way through. He refused to go any other day so we just quit and will try next year.
The kids also did Bible School last week. Troy was old enough to go also, and he loved it! He loved that he was finally old enough to do what Tate and Adria were doing. And I had a couple hours by myself in the morning. Win for everyone.
The other day we went strawberry picking with my mom. It was fun and the kids really get into finding the good strawberries. We came home with a huge box full. Tate was so proud of this weird strawberry he found and came home and ate it.
just catching up on all of the blogs I've been missing! Looks like a great summer so far:) See you guys soon hopefully!
ReplyDelete