Sunday, August 24, 2014

First days of school

Tate and Adria started their 3rd and 2nd grade year a couple of days ago.  I think time flies when they get in school and I can't believe I already have a 3rd grader!

Adria had some tears the night before the first day of school.  I think she was nervous and unsure about what was going to happen.  It surprised me because she had her best friend in her class so I didn't think she would be nervous about going.  Tate wasn't nervous at all and was pretty confident.

We walked the kids to school that morning and Tate ran off right away to play with his friends.  Adria hung around and when we were leaving ran after us and had tears in her eyes saying she didn't want to do this.  I found a friend of hers and they went on the playground and we left quick.  She came home from school and said it was the best first day ever, so I'm glad she had a good day!

It was really hot this past week, so the kids got out early every day.  They said it is so hot in the school.  I can only imagine how hot and sticky and sweaty the rooms are with all those kids in there.  Yummy.







No comments:

Post a Comment