Saturday, January 3, 2015

Christmas 2014

We had a wonderful Christmas filled with lots of family time, food, gifts, friends and relaxing.  It was so nice.  We loved celebrating Christmas in our own house and waking up Christmas morning in our own beds.  It was also nice not to have to travel around the holidays and just get to hang around our house.  And Joe had the full 2 weeks off, so it was so nice to all be home together.

The week before Christmas the kids had their school concert.  They were excited for it and had been practicing for awhile.  Adria was especially excited about her new dress and could not wait to wear it.  This is them all dressed up before the concert (of course Troy needed his picture, too).




We baked our annual sugar cookies and decorated them.  I am posting this picture of everyone happy and smiling and not arguing, because that is how I am choosing to remember it.  And when I look back in 30 years, I will think, "boy, we had such a great time decorating and being together" and I will have forgotten all the bickering that always takes place.


Adria had to bring snacks for her school Christmas party, so Troy and I brought a cheese and beef stick Christmas tree to her room.


Setting out cookies for Santa before we headed to church.


Santa stopped by our house while we were at the Christmas eve service!  The kids were so excited!  They started ripping into the gifts right away.









The one thing Adria wanted:  An American Girl doll:



On Christmas morning, I made a breakfast for us to eat at home (first time in years we had Christmas breakfast in our own home!).  Then we headed on over to Joe's parent's house and celebrated with his family.  Joe's mom made a nice lunch for us to eat after we opened all the gifts. Then we all hung out for the afternoon.  It is so good to see everyone and the kids LOVE being with all their cousins.




Then later on in the afternoon, we headed over to my parents house.  My sister, Tony and Terrace had gotten into town late the night before.  We opened presents right away and it was a lot of fun with a lot of laughter, like always.  Aunt Sarah spoils the kids waaaayy too much.  Then my mom made a nice supper and we hung out after that.








Thankful to spend the holidays with our Grandma!


My sister made this special gift for my mom and I.  My Grandma, who passed away last year, had a tin of buttons in her house that we would always play with when we were little.  My sister got the tin of buttons when my Grandma moved out of her house.  This year my sister made a pillow with some of her buttons sewn into it.  It is so pretty and so special.  We love it!

 
 
 
It was a great Christmas.  I got to spend a lot of time with my sister and my sister in-laws.  We always laugh a lot when we are together and I love having everyone around.   We had to have a couple of talks with the older kids about being grateful for the gifts and not wanting more, but other than that, everything was fun.  It is so fun to experience Christmas with your children and make great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment