Thursday, April 9, 2015

Easter

We had a great Easter and it was our first Easter in our new house!  We had a great time celebrating at church, dinner with family and a couple of egg hunts.

The kids had Friday and Monday off of school so we had a nice, long weekend.  On Friday we had an awesome Good Friday service at church.  Then on Saturday, we had an egg hunt at the golf course here in town.  It was a little chilly, but other than that a great day for it.  After that we decorated some Easter eggs. 






On Sunday morning, I made resurrection rolls, and they were awesome!  I was expecting them to be just ok, but I wanted to try them and have a hollow roll to symbolize the empty tomb for another chance to get the message to the kids.  They turned out hollow and they were yummy!  I think we just started a new tradition.


Of course we had an egg hunt for the kids in the morning.  It was fun to hide the eggs in our new house.  It was funny because Troy usually wakes up around 7ish, and Tate and Adria were waiting and waiting for him to wake up.  It was about 7:40 by the time he got up.  I just found it amusing because he never sleeps in and he chooses that day to when the kids were itching to do the egg hunt.  Tate did not find it so amusing :)






We went to the Easter service at our church and came back to have lunch at my parents house with my cousin and aunt and uncle.  The kids also had an egg hunt at Grandma and Papas.  It was a beautiful Easter day and we even ate outside because it was so nice out.  We have many things to be grateful for this beautiful Easter!




2 comments:

  1. I love that Troy slept in on the egg hunt day:) And I'm going to have to make those resurrection rolls next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Troy slept in on the egg hunt day:) And I'm going to have to make those resurrection rolls next year!

    ReplyDelete