A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks and I don't have a lot of pictures to show for it.
Memorial Day weekend was filled with running the Parkersburg 5k, doing lots and lots of yard work and landscaping, and Joe and I celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary.
Joe, Tate and I decided to run the 5k together. Joe's sister, Sara, and her son, Jake, came up to run it too. This was the first time Tate had ever run a 5k, so I told him if he needed to walk, that I would walk with him. I thought we would all run the race together. I was wrong! After the gun went off, Tate and Jake took off. I was sure I would catch up to them at some point because I thought they probably just started off too strong. Well, we never saw them again and after we crossed the finish line, we find out Tate finished 4th overall. Out of all the adults and everyone! His time was something like 22 minutes and he wasn't even tired after it. What?!! Everyone along the race route kept telling us how awesome Tate was doing and how far ahead he was. Good for him!!
That weekend was also our anniversary. 13 great years with my favorite person and I feel like we are at the absolute best part of our lives right now. Living in a new house we love in a location that is perfect, three great kids that are all at really fun ages, and busy with fun activities. Such a great season and I wouldn't want to go through it with anyone else. For our anniversary we went to Red Lobster and then to Menards. It was super romantic.
Towards the last days of school the kids had an elementary track meet. Adria ran the 100m and 200m dash. She did really well and came in like 2nd or 3rd for both of them. She is quite the runner! Tate ran the 200m and 400m and came in 1st for both of them with a pretty big lead. He is quite the runner too! I am pretty sure they get their athletic abilities from me.
Somewhere in there was the last day of school. I wish I would have gotten pictures with their teachers, but of course I didn't. They both had great years and both had awesome grades. Neither one was itching to get out of school, but I think they were both ready for summer and staying up late. We celebrated the last day of school by going to a friends house for a get together with all of their friends and classmates.
They both just finished up soccer and both improved a lot over the season. Adria got the feel for it more and got a little more aggressive. Tate's footwork and speed improved and his team did a nice job passing the ball more by the end. I was ready for soccer to be done because we were already started on baseball and softball. So now our Monday's, Tuesday's, Wednesday's, and Thursday nights consist of going to baseball and softball games. Troy is totally over going to games, but the poor kid still has to be dragged along :).
We also finished up our small group for the summer. I love these girls and all the couples in the group so much. We have such a great relationship and it all flows very easy for us. Some of my favorite people ever.



Your kiddos are so fast!! I can't believe Tate ran that 5K in 22 minutes! They do totally get their athletic ability from you:) So happy you and Joe are at such a great place in your lives right now...how awesome!
ReplyDelete