Saturday, September 24, 2016

Granny







On August 15th, my sweet Grandma passed away.  She was more than ready to go and see the Lord, and be relieved of all of her pain.  She had been going downhill fast the couple weeks prior to her death and it was hard to see her so uncomfortable.  She could barely talk and she could barely breathe.  I am so thankful that I went over to see her on the day she passed away, to give one last goodbye.

I have many, many good memories of my Grandma.  A lot of them are recent ones within the past 2 years.  When we moved back to Parkersburg, we lived in the apartment right next to her while our house was being built.  She loved seeing the kids out playing and having them run over to visit or help her with something.  Her and I got really close during those months as I spent a lot of time visiting with her.  It was my pleasure to help her clean or run errands for her or help her with whatever she needed.  I am so glad I had that time with her.

Some other good memories of my Grandma:

- Spending time on the farm with her when we were little.  I remember picking strawberries once and she paid us 10 cents :)

- I remember seeing her and my Grandpa reading the Bible when we spent time with them when we were little.

- Her strawberry rhubarb pie

- Having tea with her

- She would always have mints for the kids when they came over

- How she always said "I love you" every time we got off the phone with her

There are many, many things that made her a great lady, but her faith in the Lord is the one that stands out the most to me.  I always knew she was praying for me and my family.  She was such a faithful, kind person and we will all miss her.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had those months with her! God definitely had a hand in you guys choosing that apartment!

    ReplyDelete