Monday, August 29, 2016

First day of School!

Last week we all started our first day of school!  I think all the kids were ready to go back and excited to start a new year.  Thankfully, all the kids like school and have never complained about going.  Troy was pumped about going to Kindergarten, because now he was going to be in "real" school.

Tate is in 5th grade and has to ride the bus over to Aplington every day.  He doesn't mind the bus ride at all, but we have to be at school on time or the bus will leave without him!

Adria is in 4th grade now and really likes her teacher.  She will have a great year!

Troy was super tired and crabby after he came home from school last week.  I have been showing him a lot of grace, since I know it is just emotions about Kindergarten coming out along with him being so tired after school.  I know he does great at school, and then it all comes out at home.  That's ok- that's what we are here for!  I asked him how his first day of school was, and he said "not that good".  I was expecting him to be super excited, but I guess not.  He ate lunch at school the first day, but wanted to bring his own lunch from then on.  I think he does like Kindergarten, but it is not as "fun" as preschool.

I also started my first day of school! I started as a para at the high school this year.  I only work four days a week, and I am able to bring the kids to school and pick them up.  Who could ask for a more perfect job?!  I am liking it so far- it is fun being in the high school.


He looks like such a big kid here.




First day of school for all of us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment