It was brought to my attention that I haven't written a post for awhile (thanks Mom!), and it has been too long! I just get caught up in our day to day lives, and when nothing big and exciting happens, I neglect to write! But, here is what we have been up to in this new year.......
Lots and lots and lots of basketball. The kids love to go to all of the high school games, so we have been to most of them. Then both Tate and Adria have 1-2 practices a week. And Tate usually has a game or tournament on Saturdays. Adria has been in two tournaments this season and her team did really well! And they are usually outside playing basketball or wanting to go up to the gym to shoot hoops.
 |
| They played in the same tournament! |
 |
| Adria is #5 |
Both Tate and Adria got braces last week! They look good in them and it took them a few days to get used to them. They hurt the first day or two, and we just have to make sure they brush good and don't bite into anything hard with them. They should only need them for 4-6 months.
Troy has been a mama's boy lately. He won't go to Awana's or Sunday school, and cries if I try and drop him off, but he is OK going to school. If I am gone, he constantly asks when I am coming back. I know this is just another phase, and am happy that he doesn't complain about going to school. I want to write down a funny thing he said--- just so I can remember it in 20 years. Awhile back, he was sitting at the counter after school, and he said "Mom, I fell in love today." So funny! He said he was in love with a little girl in his class and he was going to marry her. Hilarious!
Tate has gotten into ice fishing this year, and bought an ice fishing pole with his Christmas money. When our pond in the back of our house was frozen over, he would go on it with a couple of friends and spend hours fishing. This kid has more hobbies than anyone I know! I love it!
We have had really great weather in February! We had a week of weather in the 60's! I had my windows open a couple of times and the kids were loving being back outside when it wasn't freezing!
And here are some pictures from the past month.
 |
| Our good friend Chris was in town from Canada for work, so he stopped over for supper! So great to see him! |
 |
| Tate helping Troy with his sight words. |
 |
| I am really having a hard time giving in to this day and age of electronics. And this is why. Now they can only play a little on the weekends, and not at all during the school week. |
 |
| Fun supporting Wartburg wrestling and their head coach! |
 |
| Movie night! |
 |
| Watching a basketball game and a movie at the same time! |
No comments:
Post a Comment