Dear Tate,
Happy Birthday! 12 years old! I can't believe next year you will be a teenager!! In some ways it feels like it has been 12 years, and in other ways it doesn't. I can see you growing up and maturing in different things (even if it is just small glimpses :).
You had a good 5th grade year at school. You loved going over to Aplington to go to the middle school building. You met new friends because you joined with the Aplington class, and the teachers had nothing but positive things to say about you.
I think the main difference in the past year, is how much you stay on your own. It's weird that you don't have to come with me everywhere anymore. You can ride your bike to where you need to go in town and be responsible for yourself.
You went to church camp this summer and you loved it. You wanted to stay and can't wait to go again next year. All of your friends were there and you had a great time. I am so glad for you because I think you were hesitant about going away for 3 nights, but you did great!
Right now you still love fishing. Your Papa takes you fishing anytime you want around the area. You bought yourself a new fishing pole with your birthday money. You still spend hours down at the pond with the neighborhood boys. You just finished up baseball, and you still love basketball and soccer too. I have said it before, but you have the most interests and hobbies than any person I know!
You love all things Nike and are starting to get picky about clothes and shoes. You still only wear t-shirts and shorts, and usually wear the same 5 outfits on a rotation. I have to remind you that you have other clothes in your closet.
One big source of disagreement with you is that you don't have a phone. All of your friends have phones and you feel like you should have one. Unfortunately for you, your mom and dad don't think you need one. :) You don't think its funny when I joke with you about you not needing a phone and since all of your friends have one, you can just use theirs.
I love to watch you grow and become more and more you. Happy Birthday!
 |
| 6-29-05 |
 |
| 6-29-06 |
 |
| 6-29-07 |
 |
| 6-29-08 |
 |
| 6-29-09 |
 |
| 6-29-10 |
 |
| 6-29-11 |
 |
| 6-29-12 |
 |
| 6-29-13 |
 |
| 6-29-14 |
 |
| 6-29-15 |
 |
| 6-29-16 |
 |
| 6-29-17 |
No comments:
Post a Comment