Thursday, May 19, 2011

School's out for the summer!

Today was Tate's last day of school! He told me last night before bed that he was going to be sad not to go to school everyday because he likes it so much and loves to be with his friends. I don't think he knows that he will be in school for the next 15+ years and will love it when it is out for the summer- but I will let him figure that out on his own.

Let's back up a little bit to last week, when I went to parent/teacher conferences. His teacher told me what a joy Tate is to have in class. She said he was very well-mannered, polite and very caring towards other kids. I was looking around to make sure we were talking about the same kid! And all the other kids and teachers from the other classes seem to know all about Tate as well- so I guess he is not shy!

For the last day of school, parents could join the kids for games and lunch. So, Adria, Troy and I went and played games, met some of Tate's friends, the kids had their faces painted, ate a ton of candy and had lunch.



Miss Kat, one of Tate's teachers:

Miss Kristen, one of Tate's teachers:

I am so glad Tate enjoyed school here and he transitioned GREAT for starting one preschool in Iowa and moving and starting another one in Georgia. And Miss Kat, one of his teachers, is now one of our babysitters! So now starts our first Georgia summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment