Saturday, November 12, 2011

One year ago today....

One year ago today, the movers were hauling in box after box after box to our new home in Georgia.  Wow.  Can't believe it has been a year already.  In some ways it has gone really fast, and other ways it feels like the full year. 

One year ago today, we had a 4 week old baby!  I remember telling Joe that I didn't want the fact that we were moving to take away any time I could spend with Troy.  I wanted to be in the moment with him and love on him any time that he was awake.  I think I accomplished that since he slept 22 hours a day.

One year ago today, I didn't know a soul in Georgia.  We didn't have any babysitters, or friends or family here.  Now I can say we have met some really great people and we have a fun neighborhood.  I love going for a walk and meeting up with friends along the way.  The kids also have made a lot of friends.

One year ago today, we left an awesome church, small group and a wonderful church family.  But our God in Georgia is the same God we had in Iowa, so even though other things may change, the most important thing always stays the same and that is comforting.  We have found a church we like here, but we haven't become as involved as we would like.  We aren't in a small group or really feel like we are part of this church family either.  Hopefully we can change that soon and work on that this coming year.

So, now it has been a year and we love the weather in Georgia and traveling around the south.  We are a loooong way from family and good friends, so that is the only drawback.  I do not miss the snow or the winds of Iowa.  I love our house here.  Troy has had all of his firsts so far here.  I love being able to go to the beach any weekend we want.  Moving here was an adventure that made us step outside of our comfort zone, but it was good for us. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been a year! It has gone so fast!! We miss you tons but know that this was a great opportunity for you and you will make the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Can't believe it was a year already. You guys have done awesome...what a great experience for your kids too. I'm ready for you to move back though:)

    ReplyDelete