We've got a reader on our hands! It is so exciting to see Tate reading things and sounding out words, and he has really come a long way in the past couple of months. His teacher says he is doing really well in school and she is working with him on more challenging stuff. It really hit me that Tate can read yesterday, when a neighbor girl delivered a thank you note for a birthday present. He opened the card and read the entire thing! And the impressive part was that it was written by the mom, so it was partly cursive and some of the letters didn't look exactly like he has learned. And it definitely had words that he hasn't learned yet, like awesome, barbie, and purse. Joe and I just looked at each other and were quite impressed. He is really soaking it all in and is always asking how to spell everything and spends a lot of time writing words on his own. I guess now Joe and I can't spell things out anymore when we don't want the kids to know what we are talking about.
It was kind of funny the other day, he came to me and wanted me to look at a word he had spelled. He had written "stooped" on his magna doodle. He wanted me to say it, because he knows he is not allowed to say it (like that ever stops him). I told him I didn't know what that word was, because it was spelled wrong. Then he wanted to know how to spell it. So I told him how to spell stupid. Does that make me a bad mom?
On a random side note, Adria said something that made me laugh the other day. Troy was crawling around her and into all her stuff. She looked and me and said matter-of-factly "maybe we should get a cage for Troy or something".
Bella has outgrown hers..u can have that!
ReplyDeleteHA! Had to LOL at Adria's idea! Miss that girl! Miss all of you actually! Hope you get to move back here soon :)
ReplyDeleteAllison O.
I love Adria's comment and I love how Tate spelled stupid:) I didn't get it at first when I was reading it! Can't wait to see them at Christmas!!
ReplyDelete