Our hotel was nice and it had a pool for the kids and a Starbucks for me. The first thing the kids did when we got there was jump in the pool. They got to swim about 3 or 4 times while we were there. We did some sightseeing around Nashville on Thursday and then went to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville for supper. How's that for a Thanksgiving dinner!? My mom and sister and I were going to go out at midnight and go black Friday shopping, but we didn't because we were all tired and didn't know where any stores were anyway! I think this is the first black Friday I have missed in probably 10-15 years. Oh well, I didn't need any of the spectacular deals anyway, but I did miss the rush and excitement of it all! I know, I am crazy.
The next day we went to the Nashville Zoo. It was a perfect weather day and the kids had a great time running around.
| How sweet is that face? |
That evening my mom and sister and I went out for dessert at The Melting Pot, which is a fondue restaurant. It was awesome! They put a big fondue pot of chocolate in front of you and give you a plate filled with goodies to dip in it. Yuuuummmm.
The next day we ate a big breakfast and then packed up to leave. It wasn't so hard saying goodbye this time because we will see everyone again in a couple of weeks.
On Sunday we put up our tree and decorated it. Tate got to put the angel on the tree and Adria got to hang the stockings. When Adria was putting up her stocking, she found a little surprise in it from last year! Ooops.
Then the kids were sooooo excited to read the "Elf on the Shelf", so Johnny the elf would come alive with magic! This is the 3rd year Johnny has been in our family and the kids get more excited every year! I know this is something they will always remember. I love the magic of the season and Tate and Adria are at the perfect age to soak it all in!
Heeeeeere's Johnny!
| I wonder where he will be next? |
Oh my goodness!
ReplyDelete1. Seriously--Troy looks SO big!
2. You are a good mom for sacrificing your Black Friday ritual. I, on the other hand, abandoned my kids from 9:30 p.m. Thursday - 8:00 p.m. Friday. :)
3. Your living room looks very pretty!
a VERY sweet face indeed! happy holidays to the Neymeyer Family!
ReplyDelete