Sunday, April 21, 2013

Bye-Bye Pacifier!

Last week after we got home from our spring break, we made Troy throw his pacifier away.  We were going to do it after Christmas and then we were potty training and then he broke his arm and then.......... let's face it, it was more for me than for him.  He slept so good with it and it made him so snuggly when he had it and his blankie.  And it makes it so easy for travel because he will sleep anywhere.  But since he is two and a half, I figured he was much too old to be having a pacifier, even though we made him keep it in his crib.  It is kind of my pet peeve when a toddler is trying to talk around a pacifier in his mouth- and Troy would sometimes do that.

So I told him to throw the two we had left in the garbage can.  He had no problem with it, but when bedtime came, he asked and whined about it, but went to sleep without much fight.  He asked for it for a few days at bedtime and naptime, but never had a fit over it.  So over all, it went pretty smooth!  He tells me he is sharing his pacifier with other babies.


2 comments:

  1. He's not a baby anymore.....so sad. Although he is a FUN toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dreading this. totally dreading it. I can hear Ivy yelling from her crib "where's paci?" It's going to be bad! So glad it went smoothly for you and I loved your post about Adria! Still remember that day she was born like it was yesterday!

    ReplyDelete