Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A day at Augusta National

What an incredible day we had!  On Monday of Master's week, Joe and I and our friends Ron and Maryanne from Iowa had tickets to go to a practice day.  Seriously, it was one of the best days ever!

We were able to get tickets to the practice round from a friend of ours down here, and our good friends from Iowa made the trip down to spend a couple of days with us and go to the Masters.  We had such a good time with them and it was so good to see their family.


The Augusta National golf course is absolutely beautiful.  I can't even describe it.  I have driven by it many, many times but they block it off entirely from the road and you can't see in at all.  I didn't know what to expect, but I was really, really impressed.  It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.  The grass and trees and flowers- everything was perfectly groomed.  And I mean perfect.  The staff was super polite and very helpful.  The food was awesome and super cheap.  Sandwiches were like $1.50 and drinks and stuff about $1.  Everything was set up perfectly- these people know what they are doing!

We had the best weather we could have asked for.  It was about 80 degrees and sunny.  That made the day even more enjoyable.  When we first got there, we stopped in at the gift shop and spent a small fortune.  Then we made our way around the course and saw a lot of the top name golfers.  We sat in the stands a couple of times and watched too.  It was such and nice relaxing day and it was awesome to see this golf course.  I cannot tell you how stunning this course is.  You are in a different world when you are on this course. 

I am not even a huge golf fan and didn't know a lot of the golfers, but I had a fantastic time.  You can't live in Augusta and not go to the Masters!




Amen corner

Hole 13



Hole 15

(most of these photos were courtesy of Ron!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous you guys! What an awesome thing to do. Also...I saw the picture of Tiger in the orange shirt and then the next one below when Ron is in the orange shirt I had to take a double look because I thought you guys were standing with Tiger!!

    ReplyDelete