| awww... look at that brotherly love! |
Then we were off to church to celebrate and worship. I love how the kids "get it" more and more each year and realize it is not just about eggs and a bunny. Last night I got out the resurrection eggs and that helped them really understand the meaning of Easter and it explained it well. They loved the resurrection eggs and listened intently the whole time.
| Adria's become a southern belle with her white gloves and hat! |
| Troy liked his bowtie. He called it his necklace. |
Later in the afternoon we had a great big meal with turkey and all the sides. The kids thought it was also special because we ate in the dining room and they got to use "adult" plates. We have used our dining room table all of about 4 times, so it was a special day for everyone!
Last week we went the mall to visit the Easter bunny. I wasn't sure how Troy was going to feel about this, but he said he would sit on Tate's lap next to the Easter bunny, and that is exactly what he did! So at least we got a good picture.
We also decorated Easter eggs one day last week. The kids had a good time doing that, but after about 5 minutes, they were done decorating. It took me longer to get it all set up than for them to actually do it, but that's ok! I guess next year I will need to boil more eggs so it takes longer.
Another reason this Easter was so meaningful to me was that I just finished up Beth Moore's bible study on Jesus. It went through the life of Jesus from birth to resurrection and we ended the bible study with his resurrection on Easter week. How cool is that! I love God's timing.
And Troy said his first whole sentence today. He was telling Tate "Mom said no more candy!" I guess I might have said that a lot today!
The kids are so cute! It looks like they had a great time hunting for Easter eggs. Adria's hat and gloves reminded me of when you and Sarah would get dressed up for Easter.
ReplyDelete