Monday, March 4, 2013

Mr. Smarty-pants

Tate got it in his head a week or so ago that he wanted to know all the presidents in order.  So we printed off a list and he got to work.  He said he was going to learn 10 at a time and then after 4 days he will have it all down.  Well, it took him 3 days and he knew all the presidents!  His teacher found out and sent home a presidents poster that had all the presidents and their picture, so he hung that up on his wall and studied that.  He also stood up in front of his class and recited all the presidents (like his dad, he is a bit of a brown-noser!).  A couple of times when he was practicing, he asked me if he had them in the right order, and I was like "Tate, I have no idea!".  :)  Maybe I should brush up on my presidential history, too.  Not that I ever knew them anyway!

That kid can learn and memorize anything.  He is an awesome reader and was the number one first grader at his school for earning the most points doing AR tests (reading a book and then taking a test on it for comprehension).  Math seems to be extremely easy for him, too.  Joe says he is going to start learning another language with him since he seems to be soaking everything in right now.

Up next:  Tate said he wants to start learning all the states and capitals.

1 comment: