Sunday, March 17, 2013

A week with Grandma

We had such a great week last week!  My mom flew down on her spring break to spend the week with us.  We had such a great time and the kids loved every minute of it.

On Saturday, Adria and I went to Atlanta to pick my mom up from the airport.  We were waiting for her and Adria was about jumping out of her skin because she was so excited!  It was so fun to watch.  We spent Saturday night at a hotel in Atlanta because we wanted to go shopping the next day.  On Sunday it was a beautiful day out and we went to Ikea and to an outdoor shopping mall and ate lunch outside.  It was perfect!   Then we wanted to get home in time to spend time with Tate and Troy.  They were equally excited to see Grandma!


On Monday, mom and Troy and I went to Dunkin' Donuts.  Troy had been talking for weeks about getting a donut with Grandma.  I am not sure where he came up with that (I imagine I must have said something about it, but I don't remember).  He would even tell her every time we skyped that he wanted to get a donut with her.  So by golly, we had to go get a donut first thing!  He was all smiles when we were there and he hasn't said it since so that must have satisfied him!  Then on Monday night Grandma got to see Adria at her gymnastics.  Adria was excited and kept looking up at the balcony at us to see if we were watching.

On Tuesday, Joe came home at noon to work from home so my mom and I could go shopping.  Then on Tuesday night we went to Tate's soccer game.  He scored his first goal at this game!  Grandma must have been good luck!



The rest of the week, we kind of just hung out, shopped around, went to the park for lunch, and had another soccer game of Tate's.  Joe and I even got a night out by ourselves while Grandma babysat.


We all got up early Saturday morning to leave the house by 6:30 to bring Grandma back to the airport in Atlanta.  I hate saying goodbye and hate how the kids feel even more when they say goodbye.  Even Troy understood this time and when we were walking away from the airport, he was saying "No" about leaving Grandma there.  Tate said he felt like crying when we got to the car and Adria agreed.

After we left the airport, we went to the Atlanta zoo.  It was a beautiful day out and we had a great time. 






1 comment:

  1. I had a wonderful time with you too. It was hard leaving you guys and I also felt like crying. This is why you should be moving back so we can see each other more often!!

    ReplyDelete