Thursday, November 7, 2013

Rubberband bracelets




These little rubberband bracelets are all the rage down here, as I'm sure they are everywhere for elementary kids.  You make different bracelets by using tiny little rubber bands secured together.  It has kept my kids and the neighborhood kids busy for hours creating all sorts of colorful bracelets.  We even have to watch YouTube videos on how to do different ones.

There are about 4 million little rubber bands in one package, and I have vacuumed up a couple thousand of them.  I don't even try and pick them up anymore- I just vacuum them or throw them away.  They.are.everywhere.  They are fun though and they are actually cute.  Brings me back to my bracelet making days with different colors of string. 

Now Tate and Adria want the Rainbow loom- a plastic thing that the rubberbands go around to help you make different designs.  I told them to put it on their Christmas list!  (of course, by then, they probably won't even be interested in it anymore!)

2 comments:

  1. I've got it on my list! I remember when you were making those string bracelets. It's a fun thing for them to do. Pretty soon they will be knitting me a scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a rainbow loom and it's driving me crazy! They are now selling them at school for $2 and of course my kids want to buy one even though they can make it themselves! I too find rubber bands everywhere. Ivy had 2 around her wrist the other day that I found at dinner time and her little (fat) wrist was so swollen around where they were and so sore!

    ReplyDelete