Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013


We had a great night of Halloween fun!  We started off the day with monster donuts, and ended it with our traditional supper of scary Halloween food.  We had mummy dogs, eyeball soup, apple teeth and jello-jigglers in fun shapes.  Then the kids went out and about in the neighborhood.  It was a beautiful night, starting out a little warm, but got a little cooler as the night went on.  Tate was a sweaty mess when he got home, so it must have been warm being a superhero!
 
 
Spidy, Hawkeye football player and a "pretty" witch
Adria said she wanted to be a witch for Halloween, so I asked if she wanted to be a scary one or a cute, fun one.  Guess which one she chose?
Tate was originally going to be Batman, since he got a Batman costume last Christmas.  Then he found out on the bus that a girl on our block was going to be Batgirl, and people were teasing them that they were going to get married.  Well, he refused to be Batman after that, so he was Spiderman for the second time around. 
I might have talked Troy into being a football player (because we already had the costume), but he was OK with that and didn't really know otherwise.  He loved getting all the candy and shoved it in his mouth faster than I could see it!


I let the kids eat all the candy they wanted that night and let Tate and Adria pick out ten pieces to put in a baggie and eat when they wanted.  Well, tonight I found the wrappers for all the candy in their garbage, so they must have come home from school and scarfed it all down!  Troy didn't really ask where all his candy was from last night, so I'm not sure where he thinks it all went!

No comments:

Post a Comment