Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's day to my wonderful mom!  It is so good to be back and spend the day with you.  You are such a great mom and grandma.  And to my mother-in-law, you are such a great mom and nana and raised such a great son, who happens to be my favorite person in the world.



I had a great mothers day, and these goofy kids are the reason I get to celebrate on this day:


Of course we didn't take a picture of us all dressed up in our nice church clothes, but that picture is how we are most days.  Just keeping it real!  And the kids kept the day real by a couple of them having fits and tantrums before church, all the while trying to make it a special day for me.  Good thing- I might have thought something was wrong with them if we went a whole day without someone crying!

We went to church on this rainy mothers day, and then went out to a brunch.  After that we managed to catch a nap and then play outside for awhile.  I got a charm for my bracelet and the kids had a nice card and gave me special things they made in school.  One of my favorite things was a book that Adria made about me.  She said I was as pretty as a rose, my favorite food was eggs (she said she was going to put broccoli, but then put eggs), I weighed 19 pounds, and was 50 feet tall.  Ha!  Those things are my favorite and stuff I will always keep.

Joe did all the dishes and made the bed and other things I would normally do.  The sweet guy also tried to make me French toast for breakfast, but it was so mushy that I told him I appreciated the thought, but could only eat the outside :)  He is such a great guy.

I am so lucky to be the mom of these three kids.  They are so challenging, each in their own way, but each have amazing qualities and I am so proud of them.  I consider it a privilege to be their mom and will work hard day and night to raise them with a love for the Lord and have a house that serves the Lord.  I love being a mom and know this is exactly what I want to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment