Joe was in the Quad Cities for the week and I decided to drive down and join him for one of those evenings. I had a lovely day of shopping by myself, getting a pedicure and then meeting up with friends for a drink. After that Joe and I went out for a nice dinner and drove past our first house that we bought together. What a trip down memory lane! It was fun and brought back a lot of good memories.
The older kids stayed with my parents so they could get to softball/baseball practice that night and get to school the next day. Troy stayed with Joe's parents so Nana can stay with him during the day. The kids did great, considering there was a lot of crying the night before I left. Adria could not stop crying that she didn't want me to go. I mean hours of crying and crying herself to sleep. There was only so much consoling I could give her. At one point she came out of the her room (she was supposed to be sleeping) and was sobbing "but mom, I just love you so much and I don't want you to leave". Now admittedly, that is nice to hear, and I told her I know how much she loves me and that I love her more than anything.
A couple of minutes later, Tate steps out of the room and says "Mom, you just told Adria that you loved her more than anything. What about me and Troy?". I had to laugh and I told him I meant I love all of my kids more than anything, not just Adria. I have to watch what I say!
Yep, kids hear everything you don't want them to hear and never seem to hear the things that you want them to hear!
ReplyDelete