Sunday, May 25, 2014

Our 12th Anniversary!

Joe and I celebrated our 12th anniversary today.  We had a great overnight trip to Minneapolis for a little getaway.  A big thanks to Nana and Papa for watching the 3 munchkins. 

The drive up was nice and relaxing.  It is weird how you can appreciate a car ride when it is just the two of you.  There was nice conversation, comfortable silences and listening to music.  There was no whining or Disney movies playing, or question after question.

We checked into our hotel and then went to Ikea.  Our hotel was right by there, so of course we had to stop by, even though I couldn't buy anything since we are in our apartment and can't fit anything in here!  Then we headed downtown and ate at the Melting Pot.  It was a fondue at your table place, and it was fun.  Then we walked around downtown Minneapolis.  It is really nice.  I have never really been downtown and we enjoyed walking around.

Then this morning we started the day with massages.  Then we headed over to the Mall of America for a couple of hours before heading home. 

The last 12 years seem to have flown by, yet it feels like forever ago that we got married.  I love who we have become as a couple and Joe is still my favorite person in the world and an awesome husband and father.  I couldn't have imagined a better life than what we have right now.  

12 years, 3 kids, 3 states, 3 houses, one apartment and one house in the works- Wow!  I am glad we have done this journey together!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great little trip and cute pic of you two lovebirds after 12 years of bliss:) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete