Friday, June 3, 2016

Memorial Day weekend

We had a beautiful and fun Memorial Day weekend.  We started the weekend off on Saturday morning by running the 5K and 10K Parkersburg races.  We love doing this every year and this year Adria ran it too! 

Troy started the morning by running the kids race which is one lap around the track.  He was excited to do it and was confident he was much faster than last year.


Tate, Adria and I ran the 5K.  Tate and Adria started off fast and were ahead of me.  At about 1 mile I caught up to Adria and we ran the rest of the way together. She got a burst of energy at the end and finished at about 28 minutes.  I finished right behind her.  What a great time for her first time running that long!  Tate stayed ahead of us and finished 7th overall with a time of 22 minutes.  Joe ran the 10K and finished 3rd in his age group with a time of 51 minutes.  He did great!!  It was fun to run together as a family.


Then Saturday night, Joe and I went out to dinner to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary!  It doesn't seem possible that 14 years have gone by!

On Sunday after church, we packed up our car and headed to Decorah to go camping for the night.  The kids were so, so, so excited.  We got to our campsite and put up our tent and got everything unpacked.  We then went to the fish hatchery to look at the fish and feed them.  They had a small waterfall and beautiful eagles there too.  We went back and roasted hot dogs and made pocket sandwiches over the fire.  Troy wanted to go to bed right away like at 4:00 because he wanted to sleep in his sleeping bag!  Adria and I slept on an air mattress and the boys slept on the ground.  We an uneventful night and luckily it didn't rain on us!









The next morning we ate something and headed out to go check out another waterfall and do some hiking.  It is so beautiful in Decorah and we had a good time looking around.  We will probably do this again this summer since we had a good time and the kids loved it!






1 comment:

  1. Yay! Loved reading your post and seeing all of the pictures! Would be so fun to do this together sometime! and holy cow...I can't believe how fast you all are! Tate ran a 5k in 22 minutes! Wow..I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete