Saturday, October 28, 2017

Tate's acting debut

Tate just finished up with his 6th grade play!  It was so fun to go and watch their performance and it was really good.  It was fun to watch him and all of his classmates act in the play "Rapunzel".

A little over a month ago, there were tryouts for the play.  There were only 5 boys in the class that tried out, which was perfect because there were 5 boy parts.  The next dilemma was who got what part- because some of the parts had a ton of lines!! Nobody wanted the main part, so the director just chose someone.  Tate ended up getting the part of he king, which had a lot of lines, but not as much as the main part.

They practiced for an hour 3-4 times a week after school.  Tate was not thrilled about practices and said he was not doing another play!  It was a lot for him at that time because he had flag football and soccer practices.  Some days he would go straight from play practice, change in the car and eat a quick snack and go to soccer.

The week of the play, they did a matinee for the 5th graders, and then a Thursday and Saturday night performance.  They had great costumes and even had to put makeup on!  I helped put makeup on the boys before the shows, and I was joking with Tate and his friends that this is something I never thought I would be doing for them :)

Everyone did so good with the performance and acting and memorizing their lines.  Tate came home after the first show and said he really enjoyed it and thought it was fun.  I guess he likes to be up on stage in front of people!








No comments:

Post a Comment