Introducing the newest member of our family.... Bailey! We just got a sweet new goldendoodle puppy! The kids have been asking for one for awhile now and I know Joe has always been up for getting a dog, but I have always been the hold out. I kept thinking about it, and searching Facebook groups, and the idea kept growing on me. Our good family friends were getting a goldendoodle also, and that kind of pushed me to get one. I also felt like now was the right time to get a dog with the age of the kids.
I was looking at different breeders and when different litters were going to be ready. A breeder in Britt, IA, posted pictures and a video of the last puppy they had available in that litter. She was a cute, black little fluff ball and I felt bad that she was the only one left. I contacted the breeder and set up a time to go see her the next day. There was also a different litter there that would be available a week later.
So we made the trip to Britt, and we told the kids we were just going to look and might not be coming back (yeah, right!). We got there and all of the puppies were so, so cute. We all fell in love with Bailey right away, although Troy really wanted one of the puppies from the other litter. We decided to get Bailey because we liked her size and her parents better than the other puppy. Troy was bummed so I told him he could pick out the name and he picked Bailey.
 |
| Coming home with Bailey! |
We have enjoyed her so much (most of the time). Troy said he was going to pick up all the poop (that lasted one day) and Tate said he would do everything for the dog (he has done pretty well with that promise). She is a little stinker sometimes, and I get annoyed with her, but overall she has been good. She can be very sweet, and it is a good thing she is cute. I will admit I was super frustrated with her when she wasn't potty trained and was peeing in the house. But she is doing better with that. Her biggest problem right now is piddling when we come home and she is excited to see us. We have to take her outside each time to greet her. Hopefully she will grow out of that soon!
 |
| She's getting big! |
No comments:
Post a Comment