Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The long and the short of it...


Look at how long Tate's hair is! Awhile ago, he told me he wanted to grow it out (think Justin Beiber). The two older boys across the street from us that Tate loves to play with both have the cute, shaggy, longer hair, so I think that is where Tate got the idea. Plus, I am sure there are many kids in his elementary school that have the longer hair. So, we started to grow it out. The in-between stage was kind of shaggy, but now it is long enough that it kind of has a style to it.  I told him once he sees how hot it is in the summer time, he might rethink this!  He sweats A LOT, so I am envisioning a kid with a wet, sweaty head that stinks all summer! 

And you should see how much time he spends combing his hair! After his shower at night, he will comb it for at least 5 minutes, maybe longer if Joe and I didn't hurry him along. Crazy! I thought he wouldn't care anything about what he looked like at least for a few more years. I need more time! And he comes home from school singing Justin Beiber songs- what?! (Obviously, he picks this stuff up at school, because trust me, we are not rockin' out to Justin here at home!) I think we have a little teenager on our hands!

1 comment: