Tuesday, January 22, 2013

1 week down, 3 to go

Troy has had his cast on for one week now, and we have three more to go!  I am counting down, and I can't wait for it to come off!  I am just as sure he can't wait to get it off either.

He is such a good sport about it and it bothers him very little.  We have to do baths in the kitchen sink now and hose him down so we don't get the cast wet.  We also had to cut off the arm of his pajamas to get them to fit.  And he has a little more trouble eating, but other than that he is getting along just fine.  I am amazed at how kids don't complain about ailments and hurts like adults do.  And he loves all the attention he gets when we go out and people love on him because of his arm!

 

Also this past weekend, we celebrated Joe's 35th birthday!  We had a special lunch and cake and presents, and then that evening we got a babysitter and Joe and I went out to celebrate.  Oh my goodness, 35 seems so old to me!  He's rounded the corner and now he's on his way to 40!  (Good thing he has such a young wife!)

2 comments:

  1. 35 seems old.....Oh boy......I must have one foot in the grave:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Joe! An oldie, but a goodie! :)

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete