We finally have our Internet back after moving (more on that later), so now it is time to catch up on some major life happenings!
On Friday, February 21, the kids had their last day of school at Greenbrier Elementary. This was sad for me because this is the only elementary Tate and Adria have ever known. It is a great elementary with excellent teachers and a caring principal. The kids had a great experience there and we will miss it very much.
On Friday after school, I walked in to get the kids and all of their classroom stuff. Both of the kids teachers truly love the kids and kept saying how much they will miss each of them. Even past teachers came up to give hugs and well wishes. The kids friends were all saying their goodbye's and Tate's class even made him a great poster.
After I left, I realized I forgot to get a picture of the kids with their teachers. Bummer. They both had teachers that they loved and it was hard to say goodbye.
On the flip side of that, the kids were excited to start their new school in Parkersburg. The main reason we decided to move to a small town was for the smaller schools. The kids each had 7 sections of their first and second grade classes in Georgia. Now they will only have two. At the old school, they were filled to capacity and growing quickly, and in the process of building another elementary. The area was just getting too big, and we wanted to move to a smaller area.
I think it was more sad for me that the kids were leaving the only school they have known than it was for the kids. They are taking this whole moving thing wonderfully, as I think they were just so excited to move back to Iowa!
No comments:
Post a Comment