Monday, March 31, 2014

Apartment Living

Living in an apartment with 3 kids has been interesting.  I took for granted some things that came with owning your own home and the convenience of it.  It has been very close and cozy with all of us in this 2 bedroom, but it is OK.  Actually, it is going a little better than I thought it would.  We are not here a lot and try and get out as much as we can.  During the day when it is just Troy and I, it is perfectly fine.

Here are some things about living in an apartment that someday maybe I will look back on and laugh.

- I can vacuum the entire apartment without unplugging the cord and putting it in a another outlet

- there is no dishwasher, and sometimes I do dishes 2 or 3 times a day, and sometimes I have to stop in the middle of doing dishes to dry them to make room for more

- there is no garbage disposal, so I have to empty out the little drain thing in the garbage.  For some reason this almost makes me gag.

-having only one bathroom is not fun.  I can be in the shower and then it seems everyone has to go to the bathroom during that time.

- I have to haul my laundry every couple days up to my parent's house to do it.  There is a community (blech!) washer and dryer in the basement, but I choose to just use my parents.  It is a pain because we have a lot of laundry!

- we have come to the conclusion that we are a loud family!  With someone living upstairs, now we have to be conscious of how loud we are.  There is a lot of crying and yelling and screaming going on at our house (whether it is happy yelling and screaming or mad)!  I feel like I am always telling the kids to be quieter.

I realize that these are totally first world problems and not really problems at all.  It is just a different way of living for now!  The kids don't seem to mind at all and Troy still thinks it is a hotel and he loves it!  For me, we can't get out of here soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment