We got back from Disney on Friday and Joe and Troy flew up to Iowa on Sunday. I thought it would be easier if Troy wasn't around when the movers were packing up and I was finishing up loose ends. Tate and Adria stayed with me and the movers came on Monday and packed up and left by Wednesday. The kids and I stayed at a hotel Wednesday night and flew up to Iowa on Thursday. It was sad to leave our house and see everything boxed up. We loved that house and have tons of great memories there. It was also so, so sad to say goodbye to all of our friends and neighbors. Our sweet neighbors had a gathering for us the week prior to say goodbye. We will miss everyone so very much!
| Packing up our house :( |
| Our neighbor, Missy. She was one of my best friends in Ga and I was so lucky to have her as my neighbor. Her whole family was great and we love them! |
| Pool time at the hotel! |
We got up to Iowa late Thursday night and on Friday were moving into our 2 bedroom apartment. Yes, a 2 bedroom apartment for five people. It is very cozy. Our storage unit is jam packed, our rental garage is packed and we have a lot of boxes in my parent basement! Here is our little apartment:
The Monday after we moved in, the kids started their first day of school in Parkersburg. They did great and they loved it! I was worried about them changing schools in the middle of the school year, but they didn't seem to mind at all. It is a change for us because now we have to deal with snow pants and boots and making sure they remember their shoes for school.
| 1st day of school in Parkersburg! |
The first couple of days in our apartment were really hard. Joe was gone for a couple of days for work, we had no TV or internet, the apartment was full of boxes, and we were just getting used to the idea that we went from a huge house to an apartment. I am not gonna lie, I was not in the best of moods sometimes and I was really sad. But it is better now that everything is put away and we are in a routine, I guess. I am sure I will have a lot more to say about apartment living in the future!
ahhh!! reading these last two posts is making me sad!! It's so hard to leave, but so glad the kids are doing so well and adjusting. Great to see you guys!
ReplyDelete