Some things I've noticed about living in the south:
1. They call carts and strollers "buggies".
2. Some people dress their little kids in RIDICULOUS clothes. Like little girls in really long "little house on the prairie" style dresses and little boys (we're talking like 5 years old) in overall type seersucker things that they call jon-jon's. Really weird.
3. Everyone is Miss Tracy or Miss Adria or "ma'am" or "sir". I really like it, but sometimes I feel like our kids are really rude because they aren't used to saying it. Hopefully they will catch on- they are getting better at it.
4. I was talking to one of my friends down here who is also from Iowa and we were saying how nice it was out that day and how much cooler it felt- it was still 93 degrees!!! But it had been over 100 degrees for so long that 93 felt good. Guess you know you have lived in the south for a summer when 93 feels good.
5. I said y'all today.
No comments:
Post a Comment